Forrest Mountain Biking Trails | Forrest
Forrest Mountain Biking Trails
Designed around the village of Forrest, these trails showcase the natural beauty of the Otway Ranges, passing through tall eucalypt forests, dry heathy scrub and dense fern gullies.The trails have been built with real mountain bikers in mind and offer experiences for beginners and the most hard- core dirt fanatics, choose a trail that suits you.
1. Forrest loop. RATING: Easy. DISTANCE: 3Km
The Forrest Town Loop is a dual use trail for walkers and cyclists of all abilities. It descends to the West Barwon valley and then climbs back to Forrest joining the Forrest Heritage Trail.
2. Barlidjaru. RATING: More diffcult. DISTANCE: 6km
The local indigenous word for Platypus is Barlidjaru, (bar-lid-ja-ru). This trail links Forrest to Lake Elizabeth. You can leave your bike at the carpark and enjoy a walk to the Lake and maybe catch a glimpse of one of the lake’s resident platypus.
3. Red Carpet. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 4.5km
The Red Carpet is a single track return trail from Lake Elizabeth.
4. Roller Coaster. RATING: Easy. DISTANCE: 2km
Connecting to the main trailhead, Roller Coaster takes you on a wide, smooth trail. With no obstacles it is ideal for beginners .
5. Third time lucky. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 2km
Plenty of trail features including bermed corners and jumps. This is an excellent trail to learn the different skills needed for mountain biking.
6. Follow the dog. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 4.5km
Loads of trail features along the way. Long climbs and fast descents characterise this exciting trail.
7. Yaugher Super Loop. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 11.5km
The Yaugher Super Loop provides access to the entire Yaugher trail network.
8. Grasstrees. RATING: Very difficult. DISTANCE: 1.5km
Packed with technical features and variety to challenge all riders. Features include log rides, rollovers, step ups, drop offs, big 4X berms and jumps.
9. Marriners Run. RATING: Very difficult. DISTANCE: 4.5km
With long climbs and fast descents, this trail will test your limits.
10. Foxtail. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 3.5Km
This trail takes you from the Yaugher trailhead to Tabletop and on to join the Yaugher Super Loop.
11. J2. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 4km
Another long descent trail from the Yaugher trailhead. This trail has plenty of features along the way and joins the Yaugher Super Loop for a quick lap.
12. Yo Yo. RATING: Very difficult. DISTANCE: 3Km
A tight and technical trail that as the name suggests goes up and down to test your legs, lungs and skills.
13. Casper Black. RATING: Very difficult. DISTANCE: 5.5km
Twisting technical climbs and descents with walls of tea tree characterise this tough and challenging trail.
14. Barre Warre. RATING: Easy. DISTANCE: 2km
The Barwon River takes its name from the local indigenous word Barre Warre (Bar-rah War-rah) meaning from hills to sea. This high vantage point looks down on the Barwon River valley taking in the view back over the Forrest Township.
15. Vista. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 5.5km
This long trail has some great descents and climbs with rewarding valley views. The southern loop has some tough technical climbing thrown in for good measure.
16. Tiger Loop. RATING: More difficult. DISTANCE: 3km
Provides a link from the Forrest Birregurra Tiger Rail Trail to the Yaugher Trails network.
There are no special deals available at the moment but please send a booking enquiry.