International Lighthouse Weekend | Cape Otway
International Lighthouse Weekend
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th August 2017
The International Lighthouse Weekend celebrates lighthouses and the people that work in them in around world.
Event Details at the Cape Otway:
- Special late night opening on Saturday until 9:30pm – tour the Lightstation grounds after dark.
- Self-guided tours – entire Lightstation grounds including Telegraph Station, World War Two Radar Bunker, Aboriginal Cultural Trail, cemetery & climb to the top of the 1848 lighthouse
- Characters of the Cape – appearing all weekend, presenting an early history of Cape Otway, giving you a glimpse into the lives of some Australian pioneers.
- Weather Station tours – Saturday and Sunday 9:15am, 2:30pm and 3:15pm
- KIDZONE @ The Cape – activity packs, craft corner.
- Enter a competition to win accommodation at the Lightstation – by decoding the signal flags at the Telegraph Station
- Live Music
- Whale Watching – whales are often seen off Cape Otway at this time of year
- Spot Willie the Whale – giving away cool stuff
- Food – available in the Lightkeeper’s Cafe (all day)
Regular entrance fees apply for International Lighthouse Weekend, but if you buy a ticket on Saturday, you can return on Sunday for free.
Fancy something spooky? Join one of our popular Ghost Tours.
Experience the Lightstation grounds at night, climb to the top of the tower, hear stories of paranormal activities at the Cape.
Bring a torch and some warm clothes! Licensed Café open for dinner & snacks. Live music.
Tickets ($25 adults, $23 concession, $10 child, $65 family) includes daytime entry to Lightstation. Bookings essential.
For more information see the Cape Otway Lightstation Ghost Tours website.
Titanic Theatre Restaurant
- Saturday, 7pm
- Lightkeeper’s Café – The Titanic
You’re bound to have that sinking feeling if you don’t book early for the Titanic Dinner. Enjoy a fabulous four-course menu, based on the Second Class passengers’ dinner on the infamous vessel’s last night. Meet performer Marcus White whose family friends worked as musicians on the Titanic, and lost their lives on the ill-fated liner’s maiden voyage. Live music.
Tickets (adult/concession $65, children 14 & under $25).
Dinner and Tour bookings
Dinner and Tour bookings are essential. Tickets available from the Lightstation (03 5237 9240).
For more information see the Cape Otway Lightstation website.
Phone: 03 5237 9240
There are no special deals available at the moment but please send a booking enquiry.